Monday, January 7, 2013

Adventure #186

On our last day in Venice, Matt and I bought tickets to ride the Vaporetto, which is a water bus. We took Line One down the Grand Canal. We sat outside in the back and had the place to ourselves. I was so happy. I took a lot of pictures.
We got off the Vaporetto and took another boat to the island of Burano, which is amazing. The locals paint their homes bright colors. And I love bright colors.
After we ate lunch on Burano, we took another boat to the island of Murano. Murano is famous for their hand blown glass and I was determined to buy my own piece of glass. We visited several stores selling glass but I could not find anything that I liked. So we took a boat back to Venice and I bought a green bowl made of Murano glass at a store around the corner from our hotel. A good way to end another amazing trip to Italy.

No comments:

Post a Comment