Friday, August 9, 2013

Adventure #200

I joined the Air Force. Yes. You read that correctly. I joined the Air Force. No, I will not be a pilot. I am a nurse. I am not completely changing my career field. I first spoke with a health care professions recruiter one year ago. The application process was long. I filled out form after form. I supplied my resume, every certification I own, and answered questions in an essay format. I turned in several letters of recommendation. I had an interview with the nursing supervisor at Hill. I even had an eight hour physical exam which among many things included stripping down to my underwear and walking around like a duck. Good thing I am a nurse. I also made a special appointment to have my vision screened, because I really am blind. So we come full circle as to why the Air Force would not let me be a pilot. I waited for months while the board reviewed my application. I found out the beginning of December that I had been accepted. The conversation with my recruiter went something like this, "Congratulations. You are going to be stationed at Nellis." "Awesome! Where is Nellis?" I signed my orders in February and went to Commissioned Officer Training in July. Hence, the reason for being MIA from my blog. More on COT later. Yay! I joined the Air Force!   

No comments:

Post a Comment