After painting the walls surrounding the stairs, Matt and I quickly moved onto painting the loft space and the hallway. Below are pictures of the area before we moved in.
Some work and preparation had already gone into the loft space. A big example is the built-in shelves we assembled in December. Matt also painted the ceiling and installed a new ceiling fan. The original fan was old and flush with the slanted ceiling, which looked really awkward. The only view I have of the old fan is in the first picture above. We bought a new fan along with an extension rod.
I cleaned the walls and painted the baseboards. The most time consuming project was painting the six door frames, however I have been working night shifts for the past three months, so time I had. Picture Elise jamming to 80s Pop on Pandora at three in the morning painting door frames. The crusher was when I realized the doors were too close together to paint with the roller brush. Bummer. So one night I taped all the door frames and hand painted the walls in between the doors. The first picture below is my triumph over the door frames. Sorry about the night photo but I am a vampire. The second picture is after I hand painted the walls. And yes, I stayed up past my bedtime to capture the hallway with some sunshine.
Then, Matt and I taped the ceiling and baseboards off to paint the walls.
And Wahoo! The walls are painted.
What is left for the loft space? Paint the doors, replace the hardware and doorknobs, (gold is not my color) hang some pictures, replace the blinds, and maybe buy a real desk. But we are happy for now.
No comments:
Post a Comment