Matt and I went to the Hoover Dam, which has been on my bucket list since I was a teenager.
We went on the power plant tour, which started with a short informative video. Then we traveled down the elevator to, you guessed it, the power plant.
After the tour was over we walked across the dam.
Nevada.
Arizona. (Sorry not a good view of the clock because the water of Lake Mead was much prettier. And it was the same time in Arizona as Nevada.)
We were able to view The Mike O'Callaghan – Pat Tillman Memorial Bridge. Yikes. What a title. The hospital I am employed at is also named after Michael O'Callaghan.
We left Hoover Dam to walk across the bridge. We had excellent views of the dam, just don't look down.
A sign to welcome us back to 'The Silver State' or as I affectionately call Nevada 'The armpit of the West.' After the dam we stopped by the town of Boulder, which is full of character. We walked around main street and ate lunch at Mel's Diner. Until next time Hoover.
No comments:
Post a Comment