Monday, February 1, 2016

Adventure #260

A finished laundry room! 
I only have two before pictures with an after picture below each.
The laundry room was not bad. The linoleum was simply dirty and the drain pan under the washing machine was gross and broken. We started renovations by painting the ceiling and walls. The wall paint is called Sail Cloth by Behr and is a nice off white beige color. We also painted the shelf. Unfortunately, we had to move the washer and dryer twice, once to paint and again to install tile. We pulled out baseboards and linoleum. Matt prepped the floor for new tile which is by Premium Porcelain in Metro Charcoal. We did a dry run of the tile by making cuts before using thinset. Then the tile was grouted and sealed. We nailed in new baseboards and moved the washer and dryer back into place along with a new drain pan. I replaced the ceiling fixture, which I hung and wired myself without getting electrocuted. Thank you. I was impressed with myself. I bought the baskets from Target to store laundry detergent and other laundry related items. Overall we are happy to have a clean and fresh laundry room.

No comments:

Post a Comment