Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Adventure # 16

Move-in up date. I have not been able to post anything since we just had our internet installed yesterday. Matt and I were on vacation for a week and much to our surprise when we got home the in-laws were mostly moved out. So happy. The craziness has begun. There is so much to do. To emphasize the amount of work Matt and I have ahead of us, I took some pictures of the awesomeness that the previous home owners left behind.


The first picture is to show the lovely pink color of the carpet. Pink is my favorite color.... but not for carpet. However, it is vintage, original to the house. Upside? Please also note the stains, unfortunately stains in the carpet seem to be a reoccurring theme.


To continue on the carpet viewings here is a picture of the stairs to the basement. Once again please note the stains.


This picture is of the other set of stairs. What is with this runner? I was told that it is super cheap at Lowe's, so if I want I can put it on the other set of stairs. What the What?


Now on to the walls. This is pretty much what every light switch and electrical socket looks like in the house. Gross.


This picture is of holes in the wall of the bathroom. This is just an example of holes that occur in almost every room.


This is a favorite of mine. It demonstrates how the majority of the base boards in the house look. Funny how if you do not clean something for 20 years it gets dirty. Who knew? Also note the professional paint job. But I am not sure is paint supposed to be on the floor? I also like the linoleum.


I have no words for this picture.


Also another one of my favorites. This is the patch job after the air conditioner was taken out. My brother-in-law at his finest.


This is a picture of the beam that runs along the ceiling. The paint looks good right? I also like the texture job that was used after the air conditioner flooded the ceiling drywall.


This is my garage. The first time Matt and I have had a garage since marriage. All the stuff in here is not ours. Excellent.


I have inherited these plants. Thankfully they are gorgeous. However, what are they hanging in? My mom tells me it is called macromay, from the 1980s. I am a fan of the decade and I also like antiques but I am not sold.


Finally, I saved the best for last. This picture is difficult to identify. I bet you cannot guess what it is of? This picture is a bullet hole in the wall. Yes, you heard me. A bullet hole. My brother-in-law shot off his handgun in the house. The bullet went through his room, one wall, the next room, another wall, and into another bedroom. This is not a joke. Thankfully no one was hurt, but I now know why people are seriously injured or killed all the time by guns.

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to see it in person! Are you sure you don't want pink carpet? :)

    ReplyDelete