More house information. So I decided that the blogs about my new house sound somewhat negative and sarcastic. Which does not sound like me at all. While I am somewhat stressed out about my new place (understatement) I am excited to own a home. I thought I would post some positive aspects about my new place. First, there are feet of counter space in the kitchen. I can actually sit on the counter. What else would I use the counter for? Certainly not for cooking. In fact I have a whole designated area for the green monster (kitchen aide). Second, there are too many closets for me to count. In the old house we had one and it was probably one foot deep and maybe two feet long. Where was I supposed to put all my clothes? Now I can have three closets all to myself. Third, the windows are new and they open and close! What the what? They also all have blinds, not floral curtains. Fourth, I have a garage. No more scraping the snow off poor red car. The in-laws also cleaned their stuff out of the garage today. So now it looks like this.....
Fifth, I have a flower bed in the front yard. I can plant flowers. Sixth, I have a fireplace. I will never use the fireplace but I love the mantel. I cannot wait to decorate it. The last positive item is that Matt and I now own our home. It is so nice to be able to do whatever we want to with a space. This weekend we painted our bedroom. It turned out so well. I will probably lock myself in there to forget about the rest of the house. It is so clean and smells amazing. Here is a picture of one of the walls. We used a gray/blue paint to match our new bed spread. Please ignore the pink carpet. All things in good time.
No comments:
Post a Comment