





We thought we were walking right to the castle/fort, instead we stumbled upon an above ground cemetery. I thought it was an impressive sight. There was a sign saying not to take pictures, so I took one from farther away. That does not count right?

We finally made it to the fort. We walked all over the grounds. There is also a museum that we did not feel like exploring. We were able to take the tram down the hill. I know it does not make sense. The ride was fun though.






Then we took the metro to the flea market. It was insane. They have everything, even the kitchen sink. It would be a excellent place to go if you had something specific in mind to buy.


After the flea market we went to Park Citadella. At the park we rested for a while and enjoyed the screams of hundreds of school age children on field trips. Then we walked to the Arch de Triomf and the Musica Catalana. Just some cool buildings.




That night we walked to Font Magica, which is a huge fountain with colored lights and music. We ate dinner at Cellar de Tapas again. Matt took a picture of our half eaten food. Mainly so he could remember the most delicious cheese he has ever eaten. I think he would have left me for that cheese.


The next morning we left Barcelona. Although, fate was trying to keep us there. We did not get a wake-up call from the desk at out hotel. Thankfully Matt woke-up only half an hour after we had planned. We also did not have enough money to take the airport bus, eleven Euros to ride the bus? So we took the metro and the train for less than one Euro each. We made it to the airport only slightly later than planned. We got right on the plane and made all our connecting flights home.
I think I just relived your trip thanks to all your pictures! ...and also got me through one more hour tonight ;)
ReplyDeleteLooks like an amazing time. I'm glad someone is doing lots of traveling!