It is time for another travel adventure of Polar Bear and Barbie. This time we are off to enchanting Venice. We first flew to New York and after straight to Venice. We took a bus from the airport to the bus station in Piazzale Roma. We walked to our hotel called Alle Guglie, which I nicknamed Googalie Moogalie. We stayed in the 'Gold Room.' (Also another Elise nickname.)
I added a picture of the bathroom because of the bidet, which Matt used regularly. Do not tell him I told you.
The picture above is of Elsie in her Wellies in front of our midget sized hotel room door. Good thing we are not tall people. Also in the winter months it is common for Venice to flood and rain frequently. So my Wellies came in handy many times, because Venice did not let us down. Our hotel was on a busy street, with a little outdoor fruit and vegetable market right outside our door.
Once we got settled in our hotel we set out to explore. The first rule of Venice is to get lost, so lost we got. Venice does not have street names, just districts and numbers, to say the least it can be very confusing. We spent the afternoon wandering the streets. I was excited to check out my new camera's capabilities. So I hope you are ready to be assaulted by pictures.
We bought a museum pass and visited the Ca'Rezzonico. It was a nice palace. I could only take a picture of the entrance.
For dinner we ate at a seafood place. I had risotto with seafood. Matt had cuttle fish pasta, which is black ink pasta. What? It did not taste too bad. I imagine it is similar to chewing on tires. What was most entertaining was watching Matt eat it. Black ink everywhere.
Why are there no pictures of you riding a Gondola?
ReplyDelete