Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Adventure #297

London! Matt and I finally travel to London! It sounds ridiculous but London has always been an unreachable destination for us, even though it has been on our bucket list since day one, because yikes, London is expensive. We decided to take the plunge since the flights were open, we only had a few days, and Matt was able to use his saved hotel points for a discount on a hotel. We flew from Las Vegas to Detroit and boarded a late flight to London. After exiting the plane, we bought Oyster Cards to ride the Tube to our hotel. We had fish n' chips for lunch and took the Tube again to Trafalgar Square. We visited the National Gallery which houses some very special paintings.
After we walked through Chinatown and made our way down Charing Cross into Soho. We did some shopping and I bought a cupcake from the Hummingbird Bakery, which I recommend. We had a healthy dinner at a place called Hummus Bros. Then we took the Tube back to our hotel to call it an early night.

No comments:

Post a Comment