Matt has been traveling for work most of this past year, so when he went to Alaska I went with him for a few days. We arrived on separate flights in the late evening. I still have to fly standby and took an earlier flight to ensure an open seat. I took a cab to the hotel and he arrived shortly after with the rental car. The next day we decided to drive from Anchorage to Denali National Park. Please do not look up the driving distance. It is forever. I had one of two goals while visiting Alaska. The first was to see Mount Denali, the tallest peak in North America. While we were driving we stopped at a view point to see the mountain. However, it rained the entire day and I never had a chance to see Mount Denali. Next time. In the picture below Mount Denali is covered by the clouds.
My second goal while in Alaska was to see wildlife. Thankfully to my absolute delight we spotted a mama moose and her two calves on the side of the road. Not one moose but three!
We stopped for lunch and did some shopping along the row of souvenir stores outside of the park.
The only way to visit the deep wilderness of Denali is to take a bus, so we stopped as far as we could go and took a short hike along a river.
On our way back to Anchorage we stopped at a lake to explore. We finally made it back to Anchorage and stopped for some delicious pizza at Moose's Tooth.
No comments:
Post a Comment