Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Adventure #3

Hello everyone. Matt and I have returned from our trip to Barcelona. We are already back to work and school. But to relive the adventure here is what we did. We left on Sunday March 20th. Matt picked me up from work and we went straight to the airport. We took an 8:00 flight to Tulsa. We stayed overnight at the airport. (It is hard to sleep with bright lights and loud music.) We took an early flight from Tulsa to Atlanta. We hung out at the airport once again, until our flight left at 5:00 in the evening. I watched 'King's Speech' on the plane, I highly recommend it. We landed in Barcelona early morning. We took the train into downtown and walked straight to our hotel. We stayed at the Hostal Centric. Our room was ready so we changed and set out to explore the city.


We walked to the Barri Gothic or Gothic Quarter. Definitely a favorite part of the city for me. I love old narrow streets.






We stopped at Cathedral La Seu. Of course it is under construction. But still amazing.




We sought out several old squares including Placa de Sant Jaume, which is where teams participate in making human castles in the fall. We also found Placa del Rei which is a beautiful square with a fountain and street lamps by Antoni Gaudi.




I bought a sandwich to munch on and we did some shopping. We found Carrer de Petritxol which is a street with a little cafe called La Pallaresa. They serve hot chocolate and churros. Yummy.



Then we went to the Picasso Museum. The majority of his works here are from his early years or before he started painting the art that has made him famous. I enjoyed looking at his work. I bought two postcards, of Les Pigeons and Las Meninas.



After we went back to our hotel to rest before dinner. We went to a tapas restaurant called Cellar de Tapas. Amazing.

1 comment:

  1. I loved barcelona, did you go see the guadi museum? that was my favorite. He has some really cool architecture. glad you had fun. I am still waiting for my dinner invitation!

    ReplyDelete