After, Wat Pho we walk down a street in which the sidewalk is full of vendors selling all kinds of junk. I am very entertained. There is so much to look at. We make our way to the Grand Palace, which was started in 1782. The royal family does not live here any more, however Wat Phra Kaeo is Thailand's holiest temple. One bot inside the Wat contains the Emerald Buddha, which was first discovered in 1434 covered in plaster. An abbot later noticed the plaster coming off which revealed a green stone underneath. The stone was thought to be emerald but is really jade. Matt and I walk around the Grand Palace and visit the Emerald Buddha.
We leave the Grand Palace and walk down a crazy side street to a little restaurant for lunch. Matt gets Phad Thai and I get shrimp fried rice. The food is amazing but the best part is that the restaurant is built over the river and I can see the water through the floor boards.
No comments:
Post a Comment