After lunch on our first day in Bangkok, we ride the ferry across the river to visit another Wat. On our way, Matt buys a gross treat. Slimy noodles, a white liquid, with little pink gelatin balls. Yuck. I play it safe and try a strawberry smoothie.
We finally arrive at Wat Arun, which was built in different stages but finished in the 19th century. Wat Arun is unique since it is covered with broken porcelain donated by the locals. Matt and I walk around the Wat and climb the steep steps going half way up.
We take the ferry back to our hotel and go for a swim. Then we make our way to Chinatown. It is madness. The stores and restaurants are on the sidewalk, so there is no room for pedestrians. Matt tries some meat on a stick, which is good, but I tell him it is probably dog. We find a place to eat and I order a spicy soup. Which is way too spicy. I only eat a few bites. Matt orders a noodle sea food medley. And seafood it is. Rubbery seafood. Octopus anyone? Of course he chomps it all down like it is a delicious hamburger. After dinner we walk all the way back to our hotel from Chinatown since the ferry is not running. It is a long, long walk. However, we do see a cross dresser which almost makes it worth it and one nice Thai man thinks we are lost and says to us with an Asian accent, "Do you know where you are? You in Chinatown."
No comments:
Post a Comment