Monday, September 13, 2010

Adventure #13

The house renovation saga continues. Matt and I have been preparing the front room of our house to be painted. Mainly we have been patching holes in the walls. The stairs in particular needed the most work. We started painting this weekend. We are almost done now, just some finishing touches on the doors and hooking up our new electrical sockets. The room is looking fantastic. I am pleased as punch with the color. I picked a light yellow. Matt says yellow is a happy color. It is called Morning Sunrise. I am not sure who comes up with these names but they need a raise.


These are all of my mud patches in the wall at the bottom of the stairs.


This picture is of the stairs before the happy paint.


Now the stairs look like this.



Unfortunately the piano is the only piece of furniture in the front room right now. Do not be fooled. I have big plans for this room. I specifically have my eye on a lovely console table from Pottery Barn. Sigh. I do like the yellow of the walls and the green of my plants. These are my little babies. Matt says I should name them. I think we are going to call the one on the floor Charlie Brown, since it looks like his Christmas tree. Any ideas for the others?

1 comment: