Monday, June 6, 2011

Adventure #96

Happy Anniversary! Matt and I celebrated six years of marriage on Friday. I made Matt take the whole day off from work. We made crepes for breakfast with bananas and Nutella. We drove to the Moran Eye Center at the hospital to buy me a new pair of glasses. We visited one of my favorite consignment stores. We stopped by Bruges for lunch. I had the machine gun sandwich. It tasted like Europe. If you have never been to Bruges, go now. They make the best Belgian waffles. Bruges is on 300 S. in Salt Lake across the street from Pioneer Park. I promise you will not be disappointed. We went to Toni Caputos next door and bought some chocolate. Then we saw the new X-men movie. It is good. I recommend it. We came home to change for dinner. We went to Ruth's Chris, a steak house in Salt Lake. Matt and I have been wanting to eat here forever. The food is amazing! We started with a delicious harvest salad. I have never tasted creamier goat cheese. I had a little filet with shrimp and Matt had a huge filet. I am not much of a steak person, but I could be if I ate steak like this. We shared our sides, which were mushrooms and green beans. Love sauteed mushrooms. Love fresh green beans cooked well. Then we had creme brule and chocolate cake for dessert. After dinner we went home to play more Donkey Kong. An excellent anniversary. Time goes by so fast. What a cliche. I am so lucky to have been able to spend these last six years with my best friend. Polar Bear and Barbie still have many new adventures to go on.

No comments:

Post a Comment