Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Adventure #140

On our second day in Hong Kong we walked out of our hotel to a down pour. Despite our umbrella Matt and I were very wet by the time we made it to the Star Ferry docks. We ate our breakfast from Seven Eleven while waiting for the ferry to take us across the harbor. After we reached the other side we walked to another dock to take an hour boat ride to a small fishing island in Hong Kong called Cheung Chau.
While in Cheung Chau we walked through the town, by the water, and visited the temple called Pak Tai. To get out of the rain for a while we ate lunch at a little seafood place. Matt had shrimp and I had crab. It was a little strange to have my food looking at me while I ate it.
We took the ferry back to the city and decided to ride the double decker tram.
After we had dinner and did some shopping and exploring. We also rode the Mid-level Escalator which is the longest escalator in the world.
Don't worry. I really am happy riding the escalator. Matt took my picture right as I was turning around. He says this is a classic Elsie face. I am not sure how I feel about that.

1 comment: