Thursday, July 21, 2011

Adventure #18

This week Matt and I finally went for a hike. We tried out the trail to Lake Blanch. I highly recommend it. But I highly recommend many things. We set out in the morning with our Camelbaks and trail mix. I had a huge smile on my face. I love hikes. The fresh air, green trees, raging river, and wild flowers. There is nothing like it. Unfortunately, about half way up I could only smile inside, due to my pounding heart and poor lungs. But I am determined and slightly stubborn, so there is no other option but to make it to the top. And once we reach the top, my smile returns again. Matt and I sat on the glacier rocks soaking up the warmth of the sun and enjoying the lake. It is only then that I realize how soaking wet I am from my own sweat. My back is drenched and Matt tells me butt is wet. It looks like I have peed my pants, but I just laugh. I do not care. I am in the mountains.


Matt graciously poses on the bridge for me.




Matt lets me lead to set the pace. He is in much better shape than me.


Matt's favorite wild flowers. Yellow. Actually he says they are the best flower.



These little pink beauties helped me up the hills.


Lake Blanch!




No comments:

Post a Comment