
Happy Birthday to me! Yesterday was my birthday. I came home from work a week ago and my big bag of birthday goodies was sitting on the table. So hard to wait a week. But even better, Matt and I had the whole day off together. We started the day with delicious homemade cinnamon rolls, from one of our favorite recipe blogs called Mels' Kitchen Cafe. I highly recommend checking out some of her recipes. Super good food. After breakfast we headed to Salt Lake to browse one of my favorite consignment stores. I found two awesome Pyrex dishes. Then, we went to Gateway. I bought a new decorating book. I love it. We had lunch at a new favorite place, the Black Widow Cafe. Their sandwiches are amazing.
After lunch we went to the new Natural History Museum. I have been waiting for it to open forever. I used to drive past it on the way to school everyday. The building is amazing. I love the architecture. The different sections on history are well done. It was so cool to learn about how the landscape of Utah formed. Matt liked the biology life sections. I liked the Native American sections. I thought their collection of dinosaur bones was impressive also. I know, we are super nerds.






We had plans to eat dinner out, but of course we were too full from breakfast and lunch, so we bought a pizza from Village Baker and had a cupcake from the Sweet Tooth Fairy for dessert. I just want to say thank you to my family for all the wonderful gifts. Another great Birthday.
Happy birthday! I am excited to check out that new natural history museum. Looks like you had so much fun!
ReplyDelete