


After, visiting the two buildings we walked back to the train station to take another train to Firenze. (Train rides are the theme for this trip.) We had assigned seats, which has never been the case. The car was blowing cold air and so it was freezing. A super cute Italian lady said to me, in Italian, that it was cold. I said, "Yes" in Italian and it was down hill from there. She thought I understood every word she was saying. Oh well. We arrived in Florence in the early evening. Unfortunately, the train only stopped at the Refredi Station which is much further out than the main station called Santa Maria Novella. Of course our hotel was on the other side of Florence. So we wandered all through Florence, but Matt walked us straight to our hotel.
Our hotel was nice. There were decorations on the walls of naked people. Naturally. We also had a great view.


After getting settled in our hotel we set out to explore the city. We bought gelato and walked by the Arno river. We ate dinner at a place called La Luna. We shared a pepper/cheese pasta. Matt had a calzone and I had a delicious margarita pizza. Nothing is better than a real Italian pizza. I was so happy. We had something called Catalana for dessert, it was similar to creme brulee. Food is always a good way to end the day.
No comments:
Post a Comment