

One big dent.

This was the worst of the walls. A small strip next to the closet had seen much better days.

Does this look dirty?

It is hard to tell what this is, but it is a stain on the ceiling. The ceiling. How do you get a stain on the ceiling. Matt tried to paint over it to cover it up. But you could still see it. Okay. Now that you have a small feel of how the room looked, here is a list of our projects to fix it up. I pulled/ ripped a shelf down that had been nailed to the wall with 6 five inch nails. Ask me how that went? I washed the walls. I swiffered the ceiling. Yep, there were dust balls on the ceiling. I took off all the baseboards. I pulled up the old wood laminate. I patched all the holes in the walls. I took the nasty curtains down. I took out the plugs and light switch. Matt scrapped the border of wallpaper off. This was probably the worst fix. The wallpaper had been painted over. What? How do you get wallpaper off that has been painted over? Well, I will tell you. You buy a little gadget that has sharp razors in it and roll it over the painted wallpaper. Then, you spray the wall with a special gel and let it sit for an hour. After, you take a metal scrapper and go to town. It still took forever to get off. We bought new baseboards. Matt cut and nailed them in. I put mud on them and painted them. Matt painted the walls and ceiling. I painted all the trim. Matt put the fan back up and put on new plug covers. Wow! Now you know why I thought we would never finish. Here is the room. In all the room's bright, clean glory.

No comments:
Post a Comment