Thursday, September 15, 2011

Adventure #90


On the next day of Matty and Elsie's adventures in Germany, we took the two hour train ride to Fussen. Then, a short bus ride to the town of Hohenschwangau, to see the Hohenschwangau and Neuschwanstein castles. We bought tickets to tour both castles. We walked to Hohenschwangau first. The tour was excellent. We learned about the royal family and how life was in their summer castle.







After Hohenschwangau Matt and I walked to Neuschwanstein, instead of waiting in line to ride in the horse drawn carriage. I have not mentioned that it had been raining all day. So to say the least we got pretty wet. Matt bought us some awesome ponchos though and I totally rocked the poncho look.



We took the tour through the amazing Neuschwanstein castle. The rooms were insane. I bought a book at the gift shop about the castle. Then, we walked to the Marienbrucke or Mary's Bridge to see some great views of Neuschwanstein.









After, the castles we took the bus back to Fussen and wandered around until we took the train back to Munich. The train ride was long since our pants, shoes, and socks were soaked through. My feet were cold. However, I would not have missed seeing Neuschwanstein over a little rain. This day was one of our favorites of the entire trip.



2 comments:

  1. You did rock the poncho look! I wish we had old castles here like they do in Europe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm reading your post after a LOOOOONG day of taking care of a very sick Abigail, and it's really helping to lift my sagging spirits, so thank you. My favorite thing about visiting Germany was the castles... they are just amazing. We went to a huge castle in Nürnberg that was spectacular, and then randomly drove around in the Black Forest and happened upon several more castles. They're just everywhere, I guess. Sigh. You are definitely fueling my fire to go back there!

    ReplyDelete